304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Dropshipping is an interesting model of selling goods for remote entrepreneurs. This model allows a dropshipper only to create or use existing marketplaces; the production of goods and their delivery are the tasks of the chosen Manufacturer (it could be a retailer or a wholesaler). A dropshipper can work with many Manufacturers that make a choice of possible goods to dropship enormous. The original investments can be minimal, only for registration for Internet domains and marketplaces; there is no need to store any dropshipper goods.
How To Find Suppliers For Your Shopify Dropshipping Business: Aliexpress
Ali Express is a huge marketplace where you can find nearly every product you can think of. It has some great advantages for Shopify dropshippers:
You can easily search for an item on Aliexpress and see if one of their suppliers have it.
You are able to purchase items at their wholesale prices and make them dropshipped directly to your clients.
Shopify dropshipping Aliexpress is quite easy as the process is pretty much like buying an item for your own over AliExpress.
But keep in mind that this is a popular site, and hence a lot of people may be already selling the product you have chosen for yourself.
How To Find Suppliers For Your Shopify Dropshipping Business: Amazon
You can also dropship on Amazon after creating an Amazon Seller account and being approved as a dropshipper. As the biggest eCommerce marketplace, Amazon stocks and sells a wide variety of products, many of which are actually sold by third-party merchants via Amazon’s website. Amazon can facilitate the sale of your products. So, Amazon is a great place to find suppliers who sell the same products you wish to dropship.
How To Find Suppliers For Your Shopify Dropshipping Business: Etsy
Being the world’s most popular marketplace for crafters and artists, Etsy has more than 1,600,000 sellers providing more than 8,000,000 unique handmade products. Etsy provides a huge range of exclusive items, the demand for some of which are quite high. If you choose a product from Etsy, which you would like to dropship, you can find the supplier from the platform, and take it from there.
How To Find Suppliers For Your Shopify Dropshipping Business: Supplier Directories
There are quite a few online dropshipping directories online, like the World Wide Brands. Their directory is legitimate and offers access to a searchable database of thousands of pre-screened drop shipping companies and suppliers. Salehoo, Doba, Megagoods and Wholesale Central are two other online directories where you can look for Shopify dropshipping suppliers. Contacting the Manufacturer
If you know which product you want to sell, you would also know who the manufacturer is. The manufacturer should be able to refer you to authorized distributors, if they are not themselves willing to become one of the Shopify dropshipping supplier for your business.
How To Find Suppliers For Your Shopify Dropshipping Business: Googling The Dropshipping Suppliers
I cannot end the list without mentioning the elephant in the room. Shopify dropshipping suppliers with a proper SEO-d site and proper marketing activities are bound to show on the 1st page of the Google SERP. And if they don’t show up there, take the pains to go to the 2nd, 3rd or sometimes even the 4th page to look for these suppliers. Try searching by “[Product] + dropshipper.” But remember to put each of these suppliers through a strict vetting process before deciding on one.
Once you have the product and the supplier in place, it’s time to set up your dropshipping Shopify store.
Shopify Dropshipping Tutorial: The FAQs
Dropshippers and dropshipper WANNA-BEs keep on asking questions about Shopify and dropshipping in general. Let’s try to list a few of these dropshipping related questions and answer them throughout this post:
1) How To Dropship On Shopify? The popular eCommerce platform Shopify is quite popular among dropshippers. There is a reason for that; it’s quite easy to dropship with Shopify! With apps like Oberlo, Spocket, MerchMixer, Shopify merchants can easily build their webstores and instantly start dropshipping.
2) What Is Shopify Dropshipping? It is the act of using eCommerce platform Shopify to sell products via the method of dropshipping. The merchant needs to first sign-up for Shopify and then use some dropshipping apps and tactics to start Shopify dropshipping.
3) How To Start An Online Store With Dropshipping? There are many popular eCommerce platforms that help online merchants build their webstores ready to dropship items. In this article, we will focus on the dropshipping capabilities of Shopify as it is the most popular one among dropshipppers.
4) How To Make A Dropshipping Website? Choosing the eCommerce platform, building an online store on that platform, installing dropshipping apps or finding suppliers are the first steps in making a dropshipping website. Throughout this post, we’ll dive into the details of dropshipping.
5) Is Shopify Dropshipping Worth It? Dropshipping surely requires time, effort and advertising money but it’s worth it! These stories prove that Shopify dropshipping is worth it.
6) How To Start Shopify Dropshipping With No Money? You can start with a very small budget, experiment with a few products and then increase your budget as you gain revenues. This is something quite possible. However in today’s fierce dropshipping environment, it’d be impossible to start dropshipping with no money.
7) How Much Can You Make With Shopify Dropshipping? There are dropshippers who are making 6 figure revenues! If you want to read a few success stories, here is what we have compiled.
8) Is Shopify Dropshipping Dead? Dropshipping is obviously not dead however it became more competitive in the last couple of years. New advertising channels i.e. TikTok and Instagram are used by dropshippers in creative ways. These facts make dropshipping harder than ever.
9) How To Dropship Using Shopify? There are many great apps that allow Shopify merchants dropship items overseas. Throughout this post, we will hopefully answer this question in detail.
11) How To Setup Dropshipping On Shopify? In this post, we have a section called Building a Shopify Dropshipping Store from Scratch that will help you get acquainted with the steps in setting up dropshipping on Shopify.
Even though Shopify has stable traffic, a dropshipper must prepare a catching marketing program. Also, it is required to prepare a product card with the best representation of the goods. To understand the latest trends, the social networks and the top search results in google are the better support. In addition, you can see the best visualization concepts of goods representing (the coloring schemes, trends in models, etc.).
You need to establish some discount system and catching bonuses stimulating your Customers to choose you in the competitive market. Do not forget to ask your Supplier to put your logo on the package to increase the chance of returning the Customer to you after receiving goods. In the first six months, 75% of dropshipper working time is dedicated to marketing, traffic generation, and SEO analysis. A dropshipper has to understand the target auditory. It is crucial to present the goods as a valuable experience for Customers.
Even though that there are several challenges of each dropshipper as:
But a dropshipping business provides an opportunity for Customers to buy goods with a retail price that they could not get directly as a Manufacturer and retailers prefer to sell in bulk and with a legitimate business. So, there are always Customers for dropshippers.
A dropshipper is focused on marketing and customer services, not like other selling business models on warehousing and logistics. Considering fewer investments, a dropshipping business is a perfect start for an e-commerce business and its easy scaling. Using additional software described earlier, as well as Shopify built-in features, the start is smooth.